11 Best Monitor for Console Gaming in 2018
If you are on the hunt for a new monitor for your gaming consoles like PS4 or Xbox, then look no further. We have analyzed the huge monitor market and made a list of best monitor for console gaming. They are the best gaming monitors for PS4 and Xbox.
Finding the best one is always hard. That’s why we have done extensive research and found these best monitor for console gaming in 2017. Here you will find the best monitor for PS4, Xbox as well as newer Gen consoles.
You can also check our article on best 4K TV for gaming.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Monitor for Console Gaming Buyer’s Guide:+
- 0.2 Best Gaming Monitor for PS4 & Xbox:
- 0.3 Quick View
- 1 The List for Best Monitor for Console Gaming:
- 1.1 Acer R240HY IPS Monitor for PS4 and Xbox
- 1.2 BenQ ZOWIE RL2455 24-Inch Monitor for Console Gaming
- 1.3 Acer G247HYL LCD Widescreen Monitor
- 1.4 ViewSonic VX2452MH Gaming Monitor
- 1.5 Asus VX248H Gaming Monitor
- 1.6 Atron Vision AVF240 Gaming Monitor
- 1.7 BenQ ZOWIE RL2460 Great Monitor for Playstation and Xbox
- 1.8 AOC G2770PQU Professional Gaming Monitor
- 1.9 BenQ ZOWIE XL2430 Gaming Monitor
- 1.10 ASUS VG245H Gaming Monitor
- 1.11 VIOTEK GN32C Curved Gaming Monitor
- 1.12 Final Word:
Monitor for Console Gaming Buyer’s Guide:+
There are various technical specifications for monitors that you need to consider when choosing the next monitor for your gaming console. Specifically, you need to know these things when you’re choosing gaming monitor for PS4 and Xbox.
Most games run on the PS4 and on the Xbox are at 1080p. So to view games at a good length, you should get a (1920 x 1080) resolution monitor. You don’t need a monitor more than FHD (Full HD or 1080p) in terms of resolution because the games will not run more than that resolution anyway. The best monitor for console gaming is not as big as television. That is why the size will provide better image quality for gaming and multimedia tasks.
The most popular monitor screen size is 24-inches among the console PC gamers. In general, any screen size above 22-inches is fine for a game.
You should always aim for a low response time when you are buying a gaming monitor for console gaming. And also check for the low input lag. Unfortunately, most of the monitor manufacturers only show the response time, they do not specify the input lag. You should preferably get a monitor with 1ms response time if it has a TN panel and 4ms response time if it has an IPS panel.
Most of the console games won’t get anywhere above 60 Hz, so you will not get any added benefits of having a 144 Hz monitor like high-end PC gaming monitors have. A 60 Hz monitor is fine enough for console gaming exclusively. So for the gaming monitor, a high refresh rate will not have an impact on your gaming experience.
A good monitor for gaming should have at least one HDMI port. This is because both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox require an HDMI port in your monitor so that they can be connected. Most monitors out there have multiple input ports so you don’t have to worry about that. Modern monitors also include Display Port, DVI, and VGA ports.
A TN panel is preferred for console gaming because of its fast responsiveness. If you prefer greater image quality and viewing angles, you should have a monitor with IPS panel. IPS (In-Plane-Switching) is a technology developed for LCD displays which allow more light to pass through the panel & offer the users wider viewing angles with bolder colors. It’s your personal decision that what panel would you prefer.
Best Gaming Monitor for PS4 & Xbox:
When we talk about console gaming, obviously PS4 & Xbox comes on our mind in the first place. Because they are the best for console gaming. And that’s why when we examine a gaming monitor, at first we become sure that it is compatible with the PS4, Xbox & with all of their version; at least the latest one like Sony PS4 Pro 4K UHD. Our selection of console gaming monitors is all compatible with PS4 & Xbox.
Here is a quick view of our best monitor for console gaming with their essential info:
|No.||Name||Resolution||Screen Size||Response Time||Refresh Rate|
|1.||Acer R240HY||1920x1080p||23.8″||4ms||60 Hz|
|2.||BenQ ZOWIE RL2455||1920x1080p||24”||1ms||75 Hz|
|3.||Acer G247HYL||1920x1080p||23.8″||4ms||60 Hz|
|4.||ViewSonic VX2452MH||1920x1080p||24”||2ms||120 Hz|
|5.||Asus VX248H||1920x1080p||24”||1ms||60 Hz|
|6.||Atron Vision AVF240||1920x1080p||24”||1ms||144 Hz|
|7.||BenQ ZOWIE RL2460||1920x1080p||24”||1ms||60 Hz|
|8.||AOC G2770PQU||1920x1080p||27”||1ms||144 Hz|
|9.||BenQ ZOWIE XL2430||1920x1080p||24”||1ms||144 Hz|
|10.||Asus VG245H||1920x1080p||24”||1ms||75 Hz|
|11.||Viotek GN32C||1920x1080p||32”||4ms||144 Hz|
You can also buy Best Gaming Laptops under 500 if you just want to play a game on your laptop. But if you are a serious gamer on PS4 or Xbox, stick with us for finding the best console gaming monitor.
The List for Best Monitor for Console Gaming:
Acer R240HY IPS Monitor for PS4 and Xbox
The Acer R240HY gaming monitor has a 23.8” IPS display which shows every detail clearly without a color difference from any viewing angle.
It’s zero frame design puts no boundary on your visual enjoyment while the brushed hairline finish stand matches any environment. It also supports VGA, DVI & HDMI inputs so you can easily power and extend the enjoyment from your smartphone or tablet on Full HD display.
Acer R240HY IPS Monitor for PS4 and Xbox provides excellent detail with a stunning (1920 x 1080) resolution, making it perfect for gaming and multimedia applications. It is one of the best console gaming monitor.
- 23.8” Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
- Better for your eyes with 178-degree viewing angles
- Zero frame design & stunning color at any angle
- -5 to 15-degree adjustable stand with ergonomic tilt
- VGA, DVI (w/HDCP) & HDMI (v1.4) Ports
BenQ ZOWIE RL2455 24-Inch Monitor for Console Gaming
The RL2455HM is a professional gaming monitor with 1080p display & it is best suited for playing a console game with 1ms response time.
This 24″ LED monitor is packed with the latest features like the Black equalizer, display mode, Smart Scaling, 1ms GTG, HDMI, and 12M:1 dynamic contrast ratio.
Every detail of the RL-series is designed and fine-tuned for the exceptional console e-Sports experience. The BenQ ZOWIE RL2455 has been adopted worldwide by most professional e-Sports tournaments and players.
- Screen size is 24″ & resolution is 1920×1080
- 1ms (GTG) response time & ultra-low input lag technology for optimal console gaming experience
- Have Black eQualizer, speakers, & ZeroFlicker
- Black eQualizer increases the visibility in dark environments without overexposing bright areas
- ZeroFlicker & Low Blue Light Filter reduces eye strain, fatigue, & increases comfort
Acer G247HYL LCD Widescreen Monitor
Acer G247HYL widescreen monitor is a super-slim body with an X-shaped stand that lets it fit nicely in spaces of any size.
It has an outstanding performance, eco-friendliness and smart use of energy complement with the sleek design. And you can get all of this within your budget. This Acer monitor showcases a 23.8″ Widescreen LCD with impressive (1920 x 1080) resolution. It delivers excellent detail which makes it perfect for widescreen HD gaming, multimedia, and productivity applications.
It also supports HDMI, VGA and DVI inputs offering greater compatibility. The Acer G257HYL LCD brings an amazing multimedia experience to your home with a widescreen cinematic view.
- 23.8″ display with 1920 x 1080 resolutions
- With DVI & HDMI inputs you can easily connect your smartphone or tablet on the Full HD display
- Rapid 4ms response time
- Acer Zero Frame design saves space on your desk
- Signal Inputs: 1 x DVI (w/HDCP), 1 X HDMI & 1 x VGA
ViewSonic VX2452MH Gaming Monitor
ViewSonic’s VX2452MH is a 24″ 1080p Full HD gaming monitor with a glossy-finish display that offers the ultimate visual experience for gaming as well as multimedia entertainment.
It features ClearMotiv II technology that delivers 2ms ultra-fast response times for blur-free images during extreme gaming, and an ultra-high 50M:1 MEGA Dynamic Contrast Ratio for sharp, crisp color performance for enjoying movies. It also has Integrated D-sub, DVI and HDMI inputs which provide flexible connectivity for high-definition multimedia devices and gaming consoles.
ViewSonic VX2452MH Gaming Monitor has dual built-in 2W stereo speakers. With all of it, this gaming monitor for gaming console becomes a complete package.
- ClearMotiv II delivers ultra-fast 2ms response time for blur-free gaming and entertainment
- 24-Inch Full HD 1080p (1920×1080) 16:9 LED-Lit LCD shows multimedia content in greater detail
- Ultra-high 50M:1 MEGA Dynamic Contrast Ratio with VGA, DVI, and HDMI port
- 3-year Limited Warranty; Energy Star Certified
- Compatible with Mac, and Windows; ideal for both laptops and desktops
Asus VX248H Gaming Monitor
With the Asus VX248H gaming monitor, superior image quality meets elegant design. It is a 24” Full HD (FHD) (1920×1080) LED monitor, with extremely quick 1ms response time.
It also has 80,000,000:1 high contrast ratio and HDMI interfaces. The monitor is optimized for the finest image and color quality. It has the sturdy sundial-inspired design stand and ultra-slim profile without compromising style in ensuring stability and durability.
Asus VX248H Gaming Monitor is covered with 3-year warranty parts.
- Ultra-Slim Elegant Design, 24-inch Full HD LED monitor, with extremely quick 1ms response time
- ASUS Eye care technology with Flicker free for less Eye fatigue
- 80,000,000:1 high contrast ratio and HDMI interfaces, is optimized for the finest image and color quality
- Sturdy sundial-inspired design stand and ultra-slim profile without compromising style
- ASUS Rapid Replacement: 3 Years Warranty, 2-way free shipping
Atron Vision AVF240 Gaming Monitor
The Atron Vision AVF240 Gaming Monitor comes with a stunning refresh rate of 144 Hz to provide a smooth gameplay. But for console gaming, it isn’t very helpful because most of the console games won’t get anywhere above 60 Hz.
With a 1920×1080 Full High Definition Resolution, this gaming monitor provides a clear picture quality. It comes equipped with a Low Blue Light Mode to protect against eyestrain for long time use. It also has 1ms response time, overclocking support, built-in speakers, remote, and flicker free 24” display.
Pick up an Atron Vision AVF240 Gaming Monitor today and start playing.
- 24″ (1920×1080) resolution (16:9 Aspect Ratio) display
- 144 Hz native refresh rate (using DVI) & 1ms response time
- This Gaming Monitor can properly display your gaming computer smoothly with high frame rate
- Overclock Support, Low Blue Light Mode, Built-in Speakers, and Includes Remote
- Connectivity: DVI-I, HDMI (1.4), VGA
BenQ ZOWIE RL2460 Great Monitor for Playstation and Xbox
The ZOWIE RL-series has been adopted worldwide by professional eSports tournaments and players. BenQ ZOWIE RL2460 is a 24 inch Full HD Gaming Monitor.
With 1080p resolutions & 1ms response time, you will get Head-to-Head Console Gaming experience. It is compatible with PS4, Xbox or other types of the gaming console.
BenQ ZOWIE RL2460 can also be connected to your PC.
- 24″ screen with (1920×1080) resolution
- 1ms (GTG) response time
- Head-to-head Combat Setup
- Height Adjustable Stand
- Black eQualizer, Speakers, ZeroFlicker, Low Blue Light
AOC G2770PQU Professional Gaming Monitor
The AOC G2770PQU display is designed for the serious gamers. It is a 27” Full HD monitor with 80M:1 dynamic contrast.
The quick 1ms response time delivers sharp & detailed images without blur. Besides fast-paced action, you’ll enjoy superior sound with 2-watt speakers & the integrated headphone jack. There is a full range of built-in connectors like VGA, DVI-D, HDMI and DisplayPort. Connect all your devices with the four USB hubs.
With a sophisticated black finish and narrow bezel, this AOC G2770PQU Professional Gaming Monitor offers stunning good looks and excellent gaming performance.
- 27″ monitor Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio w/ color support of 16.7 Million Colors
- 144 Hz possible with DVI (Dual Link) or Display Port cable
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio – 50,000,000:1, Response Time – 1ms
- Connectivity- VGA, DVI, HDMI, Display Port, USB (4)
BenQ ZOWIE XL2430 Gaming Monitor
BenQ ZOWIE XL2430 is the next-generation gaming monitor with a full package of gaming-focused solutions tailored to bring out the best from every game.
Built with perfect motion, fast gaming, precise control, intuitive experience and gaming eye care; this 24″ 1080p LED Full HD monitor provides the best gaming experience. Its specially-designed frame minimizes visual distractions; Low Blue Light and Flicker Free technology reduce eye strain. It also has 1ms response time with ultra-fast 144Hz refresh rate.
BenQ ZOWIE XL2430 Gaming Monitor has a variety of input connectors like D-sub, DVI-DL (Dual Link), HDMI x2, DP1.2, Headphone Jack, and Mic Jack.
- 1ms monitor with ultra-fast 144Hz refresh rate and smooth, real-time response
- Adopted worldwide by most professional eSports tournaments and players
- Black eQualizer for visual clarity in dark scenes, optimized for PC eSports game
- Low Blue Light and Flicker Free technology for reduced eye strain
- A variety of input connectors, including D-sub, DVI-DL (Dual Link), HDMI x2, DP1.2
ASUS VG245H Gaming Monitor
Featuring ASUS VG245H monitor with GameFast Input Technology.
It is optimal for casual and competitive gamers with its 24-inch Full HD display & console-ready dual HDMI ports. It also has 75Hz refresh rate with 1ms response time and dual 2W speakers. ASUS EyeCare Technology and exclusive GameVisual & GamePlus functions make the ASUS VG245H well-suited for gamers of all genres.
- 1ms response time featuring ASUS GameFast Input Technology and dual HDMI ports
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue
- Ergonomic stand with full height/tilt/swivel/pivot adjustments to accommodate any desk
- Exclusive GameVisual & GamePlus functions to enhance color performance and control
- FreeSync/Adaptive Sync technology with 75 Hz refresh rate for a tear-free
VIOTEK GN32C Curved Gaming Monitor
Get the most out of your games with the VIOTEK GN32C gaming monitor. It features a classic black and red color combo.
With a curve radius of 1800mm and a resolution of (1920x1080p), this 32” monitor creates a full sense of immersion. It also has a 144 Hz refresh rate, 20,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, blue light to combat eye strain and fatigue, and it comes with 16:9 widescreen formats.
VIOTEK GN32C Curved Gaming Monitor supports all major connection types: Dual Link DV1, HDMI, and DP1 cables.
- 1920x1080p resolution, 144 Hz refresh rate
- Dual link dv1, HDMI, DP1 connectivity options
- 16:9 aspect ratio, 20,000,000:1 dynamic contrast
- The computer monitor creates a dynamic refresh rate optimized for FPS & RTS games
- Low blue light reduces eye strain for long periods of play time without fatigue
The list of the gaming monitors that we have selected above is favored by professional next-generation console gamers. There are a lot of positive reviews and feedback about them on Reddit, Amazon and by other reviewers. For your convenience, we have done all the hard work and researched the monitor market to find the best monitor for console gaming like PS4 and Xbox.
You can buy any of them from the given link with price comparison.There is a buying guide for best gaming computer under 500, in case you wanted to scour the market for gaming desktops.
Check out the video below about the best gaming monitor for PS4 –
Do you agree with our list? Did we miss your favorite console gaming monitor brand? Let us know through the comment below.
(Last Updated On: December 26, 2018)Everyone looks forward to Christmas all year round, kids even more. Kids wait all year…