Are you looking for the best waterproof fitness tracker for swimming? We might just be able to help. We’ve picked the best of the bunch of bands that can survive a dip in the pool.
If you are training in your pool, or swimming during your holidays in the sea, or go swimming in your favorite lake – you will need a device that is specially designed for swimming.
A good fitness band or smartwatch for swimmer should at least have some key performance functions like a calories consumption counter, distance measurement, stroke count and a stroke rate sensor. With these basic functions, you will be able to indicate your performance in your training clearly.
If you are very much fitness enthusiast, then you can see our Heart Rate Variability Monitor review for 2017.
Table of Contents
- 1 Let’s take a look at the best waterproof fitness tracker for swimming:
- 2 Final Word:
How to choose a swim tracker that suits best?
To get the best waterproof fitness tracker, you need to consider the following points when making the decision to buy: waterproof rating, ATM standards, and IP waterproof class. You should also consider if it is comfortable to wear while swimming. The best fitness tracker will give you an accurate reading and is very easy to use.
Based on these we have selected 12 fitness trackers & we believe that our selection should be on the shopping list for any swimming enthusiast.
Let’s take a look at the best waterproof fitness tracker for swimming:
Garmin Vivoactive HR
The Vivoactive HR has a 5 ATM waterproof rating. It is resistant to pressure at a depth of 50 meters. It also has a dedicated swimming app which collects data on distance, time, stroke, temperature, speed and more.
The GPS smartwatch has Elevate wrist heart rate technology. Its built-in activity tracker counts steps throughout the day and measures calories burned. The sunlight-readable, high-resolution touchscreen features smart notifications such as call, text, email, social media alerts and more.
Customize your watch with more than 1,300 apps, watch face designs, data fields and widgets from the Connect IQ store. Battery charge lasts through all your activities with up to 8 days in watch/activity tracking mode (no GPS) or up to 13 hours using GPS.
Garmin Vivoactive HR offers an 8-day battery life in watch mode.
- Regular fit, wrist circumferences 5.39″ to 7.68″ (137 to 195 mm)
- GPS smartwatch with a sunlight-readable, high-resolution color touchscreen
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring
- Smart notifications
Apple Watch Series 2
Apple Inc. is best known for its premium electronics, and the Apple Watch is unquestionably an upper-class smartwatch.
The Apple Watch Series 2 is upgraded from its previous version with better seals and improved adhesives to be suited for swimmers. With an integrated GPS chip, the watch is also well suited for open water swimmers.
Apple also added the pool and open swim tracking and it’s one of the best. The battery life is around 8 hours when doing sports with the Apple Watch.
Apple Watch Series 2 is also waterproof up to 50 m (5 ATM).
- System on a chip: Apple S1
- Storage: 8 GB
- Initial operating system: watch OS 1.0
- Display: 42 mm: 24.34 30.42 mm; 38.96 mm (1.534 in) diagonally, 312390 pixels, 326 PPI
- Battery: 246mAh
Fitbit Flex 2
Meet the Fitbit Flex 2—a slim, swim-proof fitness wristband that’s ready to go wherever life takes you it’s water resistant to 50m in the pool, ocean or shower.
It also has a 5-day battery life, LED light alerts and fancy accessories all with the usual Fitbit features of activity and sleep tracking.
It’ll recognize the 4 main swimming strokes: freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke, and butterfly. The discreet progress display uses color-coded LED lights to keep you connected to calls, texts and Reminders to Move.
Fitbit Flex 2 is the next generation model of our most iconic tracker.
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- Ultra-thin, removable tracker hides in bands, pendants, and bangles
- Swim-proof for tracking swimming, life-proof for wear in the ocean, shower, pool and beyond
- SmartTrack automatically recognizes select workouts and records them to your Fitbit app
- Get call and text notifications on your wrist with unique vibration patterns and color-coded LED lights
- LED display lights up to show progress toward your daily goal
The New Moov Now Version 2.0 is more durable and secure band. Only MOOV NOW measures your exact movement and analyzes it in order to coach your form and efficiency.
More than just a tracker, the award-winning Moov Now is about built-in coaching. With MOOV’s real-time audio coaching pushing you to improve throughout each workout, bringing your fitness and workout experience to a whole new level.
MOOV NOW for swimming offers the most advanced swim tracking and stroke detection available so you can focus on your swim, not counting laps. The new Moov app has a dedicated swimming mode that you turn on before you leave the changing room.
When you get back you’ll see feedback on your stroke type, rate, distance, and efficiency, as well as lap times and an overall indicator of your pool stamina.
Moov Now is waterproof to 30 m.
- MOOV NOW talks you through your other workouts with real-time audio coaching for your workout
- A wearable fitness coach that actively monitors your tendencies, advises you on how to get the most from your workout
- Tracks your progress, and motivates you to achieve your fitness goals
- Up to 6 months battery life and a waterproof
Misfit Shine 2
The Misfit Shine 2 is an advanced gadget for monitoring activity and sleep which inspires you to live a more active life.
It’s beautiful 12 tri-color LEDs, vibration alerts and capacitive touchscreen introduces new ways to interact and motivate your health and fitness goals. Made from aluminum, Shine 2’s modular design will be looking good for any occasion or activity.
Compatible with most modern iOS, Android and Windows mobile devices sync Shine 2 with the Misfit app to get easy to read information and charts on your activity and sleep patterns.
Misfit Shine 2 is water resistant to 50 meters.
- Vibration alerts for call and text notifications, movement reminders, and alarms
- Smart button enabled to control connected household devices
- Swim-proof, anodized aluminum disc with multi color LED progress and time display
- Automatically tracks steps, distance, calories, and light and heavy sleep
- Non-charging, replaceable battery lasts up to 6 months.
Garmin Vivosmart HR+
The Garmin Vívosmart HR+ is a GPS activity tracker with Elevate wrist heart rate technology.
It counts your steps, calories, floors climbed and intensity minutes. It also uses GPS satellites to track where you jog or walk, how far and how fast. Its sunlight-readable touchscreen display allows you to view your stats and swipe and tap to see more.
Pair it with your smartphone to control music, and stay connected with smart notifications. It can automatically sync with the Garmin Connect mobile app, there you can receive meaningful digital insights such as daily motivation and healthy tips when paired with a compatible smartphone.
Garmin Vívosmart HR+ is water resistant to 5ATM, which is around 50 meters.
- GPS Integration
- Running Metrics – tracks distance, pace, personal records, and includes features like walk/run mode and virtual pacer
- Automatically track your walking, running, biking, swimming, and elliptical training throughout the day without needing to start a timed activity
- 24/7 heart rate monitoring with Elevate wrist heart rate technology
- A rugged, durable construction with 5 ATM water rating
- Wrist circumference: 5.4″ to 7.6″ (136.0 to 192.0 mm), regular; 7.1″ to 8.8″ (180.0 to 224.0 mm)
TomTom Spark 3
TomTom Spark 3 is a GPS Fitness Watch that gives you real-time metrics like your pace, distance, and speed at a glance to your wrist.
You can capture every active minute of your day with this. See distance, calories burned, and steps throughout the day. Battery life is up to 3 weeks in non-GPS mode and 11 hours with GPS on.
TomTom Spark 3 is waterproof up to 130 feet, and you can swim with it.
- GPS Running Watch
- Activity Tracker
- Multisport Mode
- Waterproof up to 40m.
- Battery lasts up to 3 weeks in non-GPS mode and 11 hours with GPS
- Size small: 125-172mm & size large: 145-206mm
Garmin Forerunner 920xt
The Garmin Forerunner 920XT is specially designed for both, open water and pool swimming. It will measure your stroke rate; distance and SWOLF score of your workout. It also identifies stroke type, measures speed and calories.
It also included smart functions like text messaging and automated syncing. You can set two different times with alerts to notify you when you reached a specific distance or time goal.
The Garmin Forerunner 920XT is waterproof up to 50 m (5 ATM).
- This product comes bundled with an HRM-Run heart rate monitor with either a black front or a black front with a red border around it
- When paired with the HRM-RunTM monitor, the Forerunner 920XT provides feedback on running form by measuring cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time
- It records speed, distance, ascent/descent, grade and more
- See incoming email, text messages, call alerts, calendar reminders and more from your compatible smartphone
- Forerunner 920XT estimates VO2 max, recovery time and predicts your race times for several distances when used with heart rate
The Polar V800 is definitely one of the best waterproof fitness trackers for swimming.
The device can track your swimming performance and automatically detect your swimming style. The measurement of distance, pace, strokes and rest times is a standard use case.
It has an integrated GPS and with its dual-mode transmitter, you can measure your heart rate even under water.
The Polar V800 is waterproof up to 30 m (=100 ft.).
- GPS sport watch
- Create and customize profiles for different sports and get exactly the data and guidance you need for each activity
- Combines training load with 24/7 activity data for true recovery status
- Heart rate monitor included
- Compatibility with Bluetooth Smart running and cycling sensors provide even more details about your training
Garmin 010-01004-00 Swim
The Garmin Swim is the small brother of the Garmin 920XT and is designed specifically for pool training.
With this, you can enter the pool length and start your training. The smart watch will measure your stroke count, distance, stroke type and pace.
You will be able to upload your data online for analysis and storage wirelessly. One battery charge will last approximately 1 year.
The Garmin 010-01004-00 Swim is water resistant up to 50 meters (5 ATM).
- Records swim distance pace stroke count and pool lengths
- Water resistant to 50 meters
- Wireless uploads using ANT to Garmin Connect to analyze
- Twelve-month battery life on a user-replaceable coin cell battery – CR 2032
Swimovate Poolmate Live
Swimovate’s Poolmate Live is a perfect swim watch and lap counter in the lower price region. The Poolmate Live will count your laps, stroke, distance, calories, speed, efficiency, duration, stroke rate, stroke length and rest time.
The watch does not come with an integrated GPS tracker, but it is suited both for pool and open water swimming. The Poolmate Live notices you with a vibrating alarm when you have reached a predefined goal.
Your goal could be a certain number of laps, your current target distance or a particular time interval. After your workout, you can download your lap data to your PC. The Poolmate Live does not have a heart rate sensor. Battery lifetime (CR2032 battery) is about 12 months.
Swimovate Poolmate Live is water resistant to 50m.
- Automatically counts laps, strokes per lap, speed, calories, distance
- Vibrating Buzz pool alarm for laps, distance, or time intervals
- Up to 2-year battery life on user replaceable battery
- Download Clip for data sold separately for Mac or PC
Withings Activité Sapphire
The Withings Activité Sapphire is a Swiss Made watch that combines time and activity tracking.
Activité automatically tracks your activity 24/7 whether you are walking, running, swimming, or sleeping. The watch also automatically syncs your data using Bluetooth. It will allow you to visualize your trends and receive real-time coaching on your iOS or Android device with the free Health Mate app.
The Activité tracks your swimming activity automatically. Withings say their algorithm works best with breaststroke and crawl. The Activité collects data like how many calories you’ve burned and how long your workout was.
The Withings Activité Sapphire is waterproof to 50 m (5 ATM).
- Swiss Made analog watch designed in Paris
- Records steps, distance, and calories burned
- Recognizes you are running and swimming automatically
- Activité is water-resistant up to 5 ATM (165 feet or 50 meters)
- No need to charge your Withings Activité, enjoy up to 8 months of battery life
That is the end of our list of the best waterproof fitness tracker. If you are interested then you can also read our article on best activity trackers for kids.
Watch the video below to know more about waterproof fitness tracker-
Choose any of the above waterproof fitness trackers for swimming. It will make your life more easy & active. Share your experience of using a fitness tracker here.
Previous PostAmazon Home Health Care Products at the Cheapest Prices
Next PostBest GPS Tracker for Car in 2018 Reviews