Global Positioning System (GPS) is a worldwide radio-navigation system formed from the constellation of 24 satellites and their ground stations. Here we will be discussing best GPS tracker for car in 2017.
Global Positioning System tracking is a method of working out exactly where something is. A GPS tracking system may be placed in a vehicle, on a cell phone, or on special GPS devices, which can either be a fixed or portable unit. GPS works by providing information on exact location. It can also track the movement of a vehicle or person.
How It Works:
A GPS tracking system uses the Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) network. This network incorporates a range of satellites that use microwave signals that are transmitted to GPS devices to give information on location, vehicle speed, time and direction. So, a GPS tracking system can potentially give both real-time and historic navigation data on any kind of journey.
The Tracking unit receives GPS signal from the satellite; this signal can go through plastics, fabrics, under a car seat, in the glove compartment, even under a car. Testing your tracker is the best way to find out where it will work best for you. Sometimes you may get a slight drift in the map position if the Tracking Unit is placed in a much-concealed location of your car.
Let’s explore the best GPS tracker for car in 2017:
The SpyTec STI GL300 will provide real-time GPS tracking. The device is small enough to fit almost anywhere. An available waterproof magnetic case lets you easily attach the GL300 to any car. This is the best hidden GPS tracker for car.
Cutting-edge GPS satellite technology ensures a tight fit on the trackers' location for top-class accuracy. The 3 axis accelerometer improves accuracy with motion detection. With available location updates every 5 seconds, you would not miss a thing. Device stores data for up to a year and has a battery life of two weeks (longer when used periodically). No activation or cancellation fees. Subscriptions start at only USD 25/month.
- Perfect for tracking car
- Compact size attaches to any car
- Track and map (with Google Maps) in real-time over the Internet
- $25 a month subscription fee
- No activation or cancellation fees & no contracts
Small size makes the GPS Tracker very portable. An internal motion sensor will help maximize battery charge when not in use by entering in standby mode.
Follow the units track minute by minute on the user-friendly tracking website with Google Maps. Receive alerts to pre-defined SMS numbers and email addresses when the central button on the tracker has been pressed. Get alerts from the GPS Tracker for speeding, entering or leaving predefined areas or when the tracker's battery charge is low.
- $19.95/month subscription- Cancel Anytime - No Contract
- iPhone and Android App for Easy and fast Tracking
- Email and Text Message Alerts for Speeding, Leaving or Entering Areas, Low Battery
- Driving Reports - Unlimited GPS Tracking Historical Data Saved During Service
MOTOsafety is a real-time 3G GPS tracker that helps improve driving for teenagers, senior drivers, or anyone who wants to encourage safe driving.
Monitor your teen's vehicle location & driving behavior in real time with 100% accuracy using Google Maps. It has been developed with the input of driving instructors and law-enforcement which makes your car safer for you & your family. Simply plug it in under the dashboard into the OBD II port of any car manufactured after 1996. GPS tracking service ($19.99/month with no contracts); includes manufacturer's limited lifetime device warranty on GPS tracker.
Only operates in the United States.
- Monitor driving activity using Google Maps with 100% accuracy including location, direction, speed, traffic, and more
- Get a comprehensive teen driving education course with driving report cards that will improve driving habits
- Gain peace of mind with our nationwide 3G car tracking coverage that updates every minute
- Tracking service is only $19.99/month with no contracts or cancellation fees
- Track from anywhere using free GPS tracking mobile apps with real-time email & text message alerts
- Use GPS tracking to review driving routes, set geofences around key locations
Vyncs makes owning and driving a car safer, smarter, and a lot less expensive.
Plug this AT&T certified 3G wireless Vyncs Link into the OBD-II port of your car (post-1996), create an account, and you are good to go.
Vyncs is powered by Agnik's patented connected car technology. Buy only from Agnik (manufacturer) for valid warranty.
- No monthly fee! No activation fee! No Automated Billing! No Contract!
- Car OBD tracker - Device size: 65 x 44 x 24 mm
- Full-service connected car product with Car GPS tracking
- 3G wireless connection in all 50 States, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and in Canada
- SIM card included along with 1-year data plan.
- Zone notification and other driver alerts by SMS/Email, trip history, driving score
- Web Account and Android/iOS apps
It works Based on existing GSM/GPRS network and GPS satellites, this product can locate and monitor any remote targets by SMS or internet.
The GPS tracker is designed for use in any vehicle to track its location, such as cars, trucks, boats, motor homes, vans, and construction machinery and much more - the live tracking possibilities are limitless! This is particularly useful if your vehicle or car have been stolen. Time to enjoy the benefits this GPS tracker brings! LIVE! Real-Time tracking!
- Works Worldwide
- Built-in GPS personal locator
- GSM/SMS communication or GPRS TCP/UDP connection (SIM Card not included)
- Works well even in areas with limited sky view like urban canyons.
- This has a built-in Mic and can be used as a "silent listener" without letting the carrier knows about it
- Powerful magnet + waterproof design can be adsorbed in the hidden place of car
- SOS button send out exact location for immediate rescue/action
The small Carlock device connects effortlessly to your car’s OBD (On-Board Diagnostic) port. This port exists on every car made after 1996 and is freely accessible without any tools (often located under the wheel around your knee area).
CarLock monitors and alerts you on your phone when your vehicle is moved when the engine starts if unusual vibration is detected & even if the device is disconnected! CarLock tracks harsh acceleration, hard braking & sharp cornering and gives the driver a monthly safety score. Low scores may indicate stunt driving, drag racing, and other reckless driving habits. You will get subscription only at $9.60/month and the first month is FREE!
- Work & sleep without
- Monitor your teenager
- CarLock actively monitors the health of your vehicle
- Has detailed trip tracking which
- Extremely affordable
AccuTracking has been in GPS tracking business for over 10 years and they stand firmly behind their product and service.
Vehicle diagnostic data included with 30 days history. Geofence, speed, ignition/ACC, unplug, harsh braking/acceleration/turning, check engine light ON alert (with DTC code) via text/email. There are 4 packages to choose from. $12.99/$15.99/$20.99/$25.99 per month (updates every 120/60/30/15 seconds). And more discount for quarterly/yearly payment!
- *3G* OBD tracker (also compatible with 2G)
- Roaming SIM card included for best coverage
- Works also with Alexa (Amazon Echo/Echo Dot)
- Plug into the vehicle OBD-II port and go! No wiring needed
- Real-time online 24x7 GPS tracking
- Lifetime warranty
- No contract. No hidden fees. No auto billing. Pay as you go
- 7 days free trial
Vectu Portable Vehicle tracker is perfect for tracking all kinds of vehicles, especially car.
Enjoy peace of mind with GPS & GSM enabled Vectu Vehicle Tracker, knowing that you can locate your vehicle anytime, anywhere. Vectu GPS tracker comes with an installed SIM card, which allows you to use it anywhere in the world where GSM reception exists (excludes Japan, S. Korea & N. Korea).
- Device shipped with an installed SIM card and includes 2 days of service at no cost
- Service after that at the low cost of $15.00 / quarter or $50.00 prepaid annually
- No Activation Fee
- Works worldwide
- Instant notifications
- Note: Device operates effectively where T-Mobile service exists. /Tech Support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MasTrack OBD tracker is a small GPS tracking device that plugs directly into the OBD port of any vehicle. All cars manufactured since 1996 are equipped with an OBD port that can be easily found within 3 feet of the steering wheel.
The MasTrack system is used by businesses tracking their vehicles and personnel for verification of employee time sheets and customer billing. This system gives peace of mind to parents keeping an eye on their teen drivers or monitoring the location of an aging loved one. You will receive unlimited email and text message notifications on all features. 30 Day Guarantee, no long term contracts, cancel anytime, and 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Harsh Braking, Rapid Acceleration, Speeding, Excessive Idling, Tampering (Power Up) notification
- Geofence Zone Alerts (when the vehicle enters or leaves specific locations)
- Check Engine Alerts (provides triggered engine codes)
- Real-time GPS updates up to every 1 minute
- Nationwide coverage (USA & Canada)
- Required monthly subscription as low as $10.99
- Android and iOS app available
ZUBIE makes driving safer and worry-free - for the whole family. Simply plug in the ZUBIE key to your car's diagnostic port, download the app and you're connected to your car.
ZUBIE has a fast and reliable 3G service means your car is Monitored 24/7, even when you are not in it. With the ZUBIE app and real-time alerts, parents gain peace of mind by knowing exactly where their household vehicles are located, how the vehicle is being driven, and potential vehicle health problems. The ZUBIE teen app helps new drivers gain confidence on the road with coaching tips and driving summaries. With this 1 year of monitoring service is included.
- Make any car a connected
- View your loved one's location 24/7 from the ZUBIE App or any browser
- Coach your teen drivers
- Help prevent bad habits like hard braking
- Estimate real-market repair costs before going to the Mechanic
Linxup is a 3G GPS tracking device for personal vehicles. It is an ideal GPS tracker for your car.
Use Linxup GPS trackers to quickly identify driver locations, reduce fuel usage, increase efficiency, review driving history, and monitor driver safety & performance. Linxup GPS tracker simply plugs into the OBD II port of any car or truck manufactured after 1996. The web-based GPS software lets you track vehicles in real-time and review driving history on an interactive map with vehicle GPS details on direction, speed, stops, and more. Activate 3G vehicle tracking service within 30 days of purchase to receive a free month of service, a $22.99 value!
Only operates in the United States.
- Monitor fleet driving activity
- Review driving routes with GPS Tracking
- Linxup reports and email/text alerts help you reduce fuel consumption
- Free mobile app with real-time email & text alerts
- Tracker comes with a limited lifetime Device warranty.
Automatic Pro is an adapter that plugs into almost any car to provide unlimited monitoring with zero fees.
Know where your car is at all times, make sure that in the event of an accident that you and your family will be taken care of, and even connect your car to your Echo, your smart thermostat, or any other part of your digital life. This product works only in the US.
- Automatic Pro Uses 3G connectivity with no added fees
- Real Time vehicle location tracking regardless of who is driving your car
- Decode your check engine light like a pro
- Unlimited 3G subscription for 5 years
- Crash Alert service
GPS tracker is very important for your car. Choose any of the above best GPS tracker for car and buy from Scopeprice. In Scopeprice you can compare their prices among various E-commerce site.